We’re very excited to welcome you back into the building! Because COVID-19 is still impacting our daily lives, and we must follow standards from the State of Illinois for our reopening, the library is going to look a little different. Here’s what you can expect.
In order to help protect our patrons and staff, we ask that you please adhere to the following requirements when visiting our building:
- Wear a face covering or mask at all times. The mask must cover your mouth and nose and fit snugly.
- Maintain social distancing of at least 6 feet apart.
- Wash your hands often or use hand sanitizer often.
- Wipe down equipment with disinfecting wipes before use.
- No food or drink allowed inside the library.
- All returns must be placed in the book drops outside the library. We cannot accept returns at the service desks.
- All public meeting rooms and study rooms are closed at this time.
- We have set a limit on the number of patrons who can be in the building at one time.
- Signs have been placed on the floor for social distancing at service desks.
- Elevators are limited to one person/family at a time.
- Drinking fountains are closed.
- Our vending machines are not available.
- The Early Learning Computers in the Kids’ Library have been removed.
- All toys and games have been removed from the Kids’ Library.
USING YOUR LIBRARY FROM HOME
We understand that not everyone is ready to come to visit us in person just yet. We will continue to provide services that you can access from home or outside our building.
- Our curbside services for material pickup, faxing, printing, and copying will continue.
- You can get a library card without coming in to the library.
- Our Wi-Fi range will continue to be expanded outside the building.